A Lot Has Happened

A lot has happened since I last blogged. I don’t know what I want to start with first, so I’m just going to let my brain to the thinking and fingers do the typing.

On Reading Day, I had to get up for a four hour rehearsal for Christmas at Lakeland this year. I was not a happy camper. I need my eight hours of sleep, otherwise I will be one unhappy bear that has just been woken up from hibernation. And for some reason, I act like I’ve had a few too many drinks when I’m tired. I say the most random things that make absolutely no sense what so ever, and I turn completely apathetic. All I could think about was taking a nap after rehearsal.

The other thing I was thinking about during rehearsal was that a couple of friends and I were going to go see The Lion King down at the Milwaukee Theatre. I was super excited because this would be the second time I’ve seen it, since the first time I saw it in New York City three years ago. The thrill of live theatre always makes me happy. And the seats my friends and I had were freaking AMAZING! We were way up high and could see all of the stage, actors, puppets…EVERYTHING! My favorites parts will always be: The Circle of Life, The Grasslands Chant, The Lioness Hunt, One By One and The Stampede. The orchestration of the music and lyrics are simply perfect for these scenes.

However, there was a bit of a technical difficulty when Mufasa climbs the cliff in “The Stampede” scene. Normally, when Mufasa calls out for Scar to help him, Scar shows up and throws him off the cliff. When my friend and I went to go see it, there was a 15 minute delay because the actor playing Mufasa hooked himself to his harness the wrong way. When the curtain came up, the actor was safely laying on the ground after he climbed back down the cliff. And, in all honesty I was glad to see the actor laying there safe, on the ground. The best part of the show was when Zazu sang “Let It Go” when he was trapped in Scar’s bone cage. There was an eruption of laughter, cheering and clapping as the actor who played Zazu made his lines fit the time of today.

Saturday was Christmas and Lakeland. Christmas at Lakeland meant TWO concerts in one day. I was so tired by the end of the concert, as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light. I slept till 10am the next morning. Sunday morning, I had two papers to tackle; and eight page paper and a six page paper. I got them both done at 1:45 in the morning. It was time for sleep.

Monday begins the weeks of Finals. I only had to drop off my final Spanish paper, and I had my Trombone jury. Tomorrow I have now finals and just my voice jury. In total, I have three finals. I can’t wait till this week is over because I miss everyone at home.

That’s my week summed up in a few paragraphs. Sorry this was so short and a bit rushed. I had a lot to remember, and a short amount of time to type it all. The next blog will be better. 🙂


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s